SOLVED

Is it possible that a app remains spanned if the hinge angle exceeds a lmit?

Iron Contributor

Background:

I'm playing around with the Surface Pen and the Duo. I wanted to create a simple Xamarin.Forms demo app that includes a drawer and a guesser. In German it's called "Montags Maler" which roughly translates to "Monday's pointer". The team gets points if the Guesser recognizes the drawing (sketch) of the drawer.

Problem:

In order to get this concept working, I need that the Surface Duo is in an A shape (see photo). The guesser should not see what the drawer hast to draw.

The problem is now, that as soon as the ginge angle is more than 180° the second screen turns off and my app is not longer spanned across both.

I know that this makes sense for the most of applications - but not for mine. 

Question:

Is it possible to tell the device to not deactivate the second screen?

Bildschirmfoto 2021-06-25 um 13.34.36.png

2 Replies
best response confirmed by tscholze (Iron Contributor)
Solution

@tscholze Unfortunately not :slightly_frowning_face: the once the fold gets past 200 or so (I can't remember the exact number OTTOMH) the second screen turns off. You can't change this behavior as an app developer.

We have heard this feedback though - the team is aware of it.

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by tscholze (Iron Contributor)
Solution

@tscholze Unfortunately not :slightly_frowning_face: the once the fold gets past 200 or so (I can't remember the exact number OTTOMH) the second screen turns off. You can't change this behavior as an app developer.

We have heard this feedback though - the team is aware of it.

View solution in original post