Immediate crash on opening

Copper Contributor

I have done a full removal of Lync 2011 and tried installing SFB preview 3036. Immediately after opening it crashes hard. I get a message about reopening windows, but neither answer gets me past a hard crash. 

MacBook Pro Early 2011 13" model 8GB

Mac OS Sierra 10.12

Pretty much everything else works as expected (Office 2016 included). 

I can provide a stack trace if need be. My other MacBook Pro laptop, same OS but newer model (2016 15") runs fine. 

3 Replies

Hello Mike, the 3036 build is an older build.  It would be best if you could download the current preview build from the www.skypepreview.com portal which should be .3597.  This version uses Microsoft autoupdate rather than the in app update so you will need to make sure to remove any previous version of the SfB client before installing. 

booted up this morning and MAU has SfB 16.0.3603 - just installed it and opened up successfully. make sure MAU has the Office Insider Fast option selected.

How do you get SfB into MAU? I am at the Office insider Fast Track. But I have never got access to download SfB www.skypepreview.com. Have been a member here for months!! Smiley Mad