I keep on waiting

Copper Contributor

I signed up for SfB preview in late August. I want to use SfB on my Mac, but can't ever, ever, get approved. What gives? 

4 Replies

Hi there - as you can imagine we have received an overwhelming response to our Mac client Preview program which we announced earlier this year!  We surpassed our goal of the number of customers we wanted to onboard by 10x!  Although it's great to see this participation and interest from our customers, we were unable to keep up with the customer questions, issues and feedback.  As such we decided to put a hold on our Preview program and not onboard any additional customers.

We are in the final stretch and putting the finishing touches on our first release of the Mac client - so please stay tuned.

I think the more urgent issue here is that there is overwhelming demand for a MacOS SfB client, and Microsoft is massively and overwhelmingly late on this. That's bad enough, but the communication to the marketplace has been woeful, frankly. My company has already moved on to other competitive products, and I'm going to have to try pull us back once we've had a chance to evaluate SfB on Mac. Rather than a message full of !!!'s and we've had such AMAZING demand! And we beat our goals!!! How about a little more, "You know, we're REALLY sorry that we underestimated the demand for this product, and we're working to do everything we possibly can to expand the beta program or get the product to market faster. We know we screwed up, we feel really bad about it, and we're doing everything in our power to rectify. You'll have an update from me in 3 days with further news." That's the sort of customer-first approach I'd like to see the team take.
You're absolutely right and at this point we are not spending our resources on expanding the Preview program. Instead, just as you mentioned, we are working to get the client out and available to all customers. We understand the pain that our customers are going through and are working tirelessly to ensure that the client that we ship will meet the quality expectations of our customers. Stay tuned for more information soon!

The Skype for Business on Mac client has been released to GA. I have posted a blog, here: https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/Full-Circle-Product-Updates/Skype-for-Business-on-Mac-is-now-...

Thanks!