New Skype for Business on Mac Insider Fast release (16.16.76)

Microsoft

We have released a new Insider build that has some important features and fixes:

Delegates can scheduling meetings on behalf of delegators (Skype for Business Online only)

Skype for Business Online users assigned as delegates can now schedule meetings on behalf of a delegator from the delegator's calendar in Outlook on Mac. The delegator must add the user as a delegate in both Skype for Business and Outlook.   This requires Outlook Insider build 16.12.180304 or later.  (Support for Skype for Business 2015 server customers will be coming in a future cumulative update.)

Add delegates without being enabled for Enterprise Voice (Skype for Business Online only)

Skype for Business Online users who not enabled for Enterprise Voice can now add contacts as delegates.  (See Act as a delegate or delegator in Skype for Business for help configuring delegation.  Support for Skype for Business 2015 server customers will be coming in a future cumulative update.)

Set a custom location for E-911 calls

Users can specify their location info for emergency calls when Skype for Business can't automatically determine their location. To set a location, click on your profile picture or avatar, then select Set Your Location.

Choose whether to see emoticons in chats

Users can choose to disable emoticons in chats by clearing the Enable emoticons checkbox in the General page of Preferences when emoticons are allowed by your organization.

Improvements

• Fixed several issues that could prevent a user from seeing screen sharing in a meeting.
  • Improved performance of starting and updating screen sharing
  • Fixed an issue that prevented an error message being displayed when the app fails to sign in

We look forward to hearing feedback from you on these features and improvements.  In particular, we want to know if you continue to experience any cases where screen sharing is not visible in a call or meeting.  We have been working hard to identify all of the issues that cause this problem.  If we've missed one, we want to fix it, too.

Thanks for trying out the Insider build! 

3 Replies

Hello Phillip,

I am looking forward to testing the new features, however I can't right now. Skype for Business on Mac Fast release 16.16.76 is crashing immediately upon launch.

The key information in the crash dialog appears to be

terminating with uncaught exception of type std::runtime_error: sqlite3_exec(CREATE TABLE) failed with error 11!'

Is there any more information I can provide that could help diagnose and solve the issue?

Kind regards,

Mark.

Hello again,

I completely removed Skype for Business (including all associated library files, logs, etc.) and reinstalled, as I really needed to try to get it up and running.

It is all working as expected. This particular install was very old, from very early beta days... so I'm not surprised it needed a good clean out.

Thanks,

Mark.

I'm glad you are up and going, Mark.

Phil.