Conversation History not working

Brass Contributor

I am on SfB 16.3.121 and my "converstion history" is most of the time not saved into my Exchange Online mailbox. My SfB account is in O365 as well and our autodiscover DNS entries are pointing to O365.

We still have SfB OnPremise servers for our PSTN connectivity, so our SfB DNS entries are still pointing to OnPremise.

Sometimes the converstation history is saved, but right now I can see not history at all for last week - that's really annoying :(

18 Replies

I have the same issue

no conversation history when using MAc outlook client for 0365. S4B client is 16.3.121 chat history is gone after closing client and or restart mac. S4B server is on Prem.

Same here, workaround was to delete all profile and temp files and on the next login the chat history was available again.

Greets

Jörg

Sorry about the bug.  We have released a new Insider Fast build 16.3.200 which fixed the empty conversation history.   Please upgrade to the new build.  Thank you for helping us evaluate the 16.3 build.

I am running the new build 16.3.200 since a few days, but still no "conversation history". I also rebooted my Mac multiple times, but did not make any difference. Please let me know if you need some logs to dig into the issue. Thanks!

In Build 16.3.200 it is fixed for me, but i had to create a new "profile", so try to delete all the cache files.

Jörg, can you specify where to find those "cache files"? Thanks :)

rm -rf ~/Library/Containers/com.Microsoft.SkypeForBusiness/Data/Library/Application\ Support/com.microsoft.SkypeForBusiness

rm –rf ~/Library/Containers/com.Microsoft.SkypeForBusiness/Data/Library/Caches/com.microsoft.SkypeForBusiness

rm -rf ~/Library/Containers/com.Microsoft.SkypeForBusiness/Data/Library/Saved Application\ State/com.microsoft.SkypeForBusiness

rm -rf ~/Library/Containers/com.Microsoft.SkypeForBusiness/Data/Library/Caches/com.microsoft.skypeforbusiness.shellapp

rm -rf ~/Library/Containers/com.Microsoft.SkypeForBusiness/Data/Library/Preferences/com.microsoft.SkypeForBusiness.plist

defaults delete com.microsoft.SkypeForBusiness

You can find these commands and paths in the "Academy MAC Dec 2106.pptx"

Awesome - thank you !!! I will give it a try and report back.

Deleting the profile & cache did the trick for me. Problem solved with the new version now.

Thanks to all.

Hi all,

my conversation history broke again since the last two updates. I am now on the newest version 16.3.241 and again no history.

I already tried to delete profile and deleting all cache files, but no success.

Please fix that stuff finally or let me know what else to do.

BTW: How can I change the langue of the "conversation history folder" in Outlook? My macOS and all other stuff ist EN-US, but the folder in Outlook is in German. Is that due to my regional setting on macOS? Because even my mailbox language is EN-US.

Thanks and best regards,

Sascha

Hi Sascha.  Is the conversation history not being saved?  Was there any change in your Exchange account?

Same here again..

No changes I am aware of.

My mailbox is still at Office 365/Exchange Online; same with my SfB account.

The only thing we still have is our SfB servers OnPremise for PSTN and therefore all DNS entries points to OnPremise - but as SfB hybrid. Don't know if that makes the difference why no conversation history at all is save into my mailbox.

Have you reported the issue through "Help/Report an issue"?  I will follow up with the triage team if they have received your report.

I just did reporting the issue. I can be available at anytime for further checks and sending logs. Just let me know.

Sorry for my late answer, but after recreating the profile it works now.

Edit: @Kam Foo Aw  it works not, i've submitted a bug via the In-App Help-Menu

Good news. Since updating to the newest insider version 16.4.203 the chat history is working again.

I even did not had to delete cache files or re-create the profile.

Thanks for fixing!

I would like to know how to turn off the conversation history. I do not want it saving from MS Teams.