cannot send files through Skype for business on Mac

Copper Contributor

There is no way of sending an attachment/file through Skype for business on mac. 

Mac OS (10.11.6). 

Please help. 

41 Replies

Hi Microsoft

Any news on this? Seems really poor that this feature has been dropped!! I work in IT and rely on being able to send colleagues screenshots through SFB on my Mac. Is this going to be addressed? If so when? As you can see others rely on this feature too. Why is it that this app does not perfom as the Windows version does? I am even having trouble with trying to sign in with a Lync phone using the new SFB - its rubbish. If you actually realise, not everyone is a Windows user!!! Please look at rolling out something that works the same as the Windows version and soon.

Thanks

Maria

This is par for the course with Microsoft in how it handles other platforms that it wants to support.  I don't think it would be horribly difficult to just offer the same exact functionality and user experience between all platforms.  For instance, remember Entourage?  And we still don't have Visio on the Mac!

Visio for Mac OMG yes!!! How much I wish it existed. I was an ex graphic designer so I have my own copy of CS6 then changed my career to become a mac engineer. Having Visio for mac would be amazing as doing network diagrams in Illustrator is ok but not Visio. Microsoft you need to see the bigger picture here. Not all of us use windows in IT :frowning_face:
Visio for Mac OMG yes!!! How much I wish it existed. I was an ex graphic designer so I have my own copy of CS6 then change my career to become a mac engineer. Having Visio for mac would be amazing as doing network diagrams in Illustrator is ok but not Visio. Microsoft you need to see the bigger picture here. Not all of us use windows in IT

SFB Server 2015 May Update has added support for SFB Mac 1:1 file transfer.  If your company is using SFB Server 2015, please install this update.  

We are working on Lync Server 2013 update to support 1:1 file transfer.  Coming soon.

@Kam Foo Awdoes this only apply to filetransfer between 2 Mac Systems, or is this generally available in a 1:1 Konversation, eg. one Windows Client and one Mac?

It applies to all 1:1 file transfer where SFB Mac is one of the participant (Mac<->Mac, Mac<->Windows).

Then i'll open a ticket, because it doesn' work for us.

Greets

Jörg

@Kam Foo Aw  created an in-application bug report.

Clarification: 1:1 file transfer is support in SFB Mac for Skype for Business Online users. Support for SBF Server 2015 and Lync Server 2013 users is currently being worked on. It currently planned for next update of SFB Server 2015 and Lync server 2013.

Hi Jorg.  Sorry for the wrong information on SFB Server 2015.  The 1:1 file transfer support for SFB Server 2015 is currently being worked on.  It is planned for the next update of SFB Server 2015.  Sorry for the confusion.

Kam

Well now we are close to April'18 and it is still not possible to share files. So much for MS following users feedback and requirements.. Or they implementation plans. 

Not sure what you are doing wrong, but this works since the December Update of SfB Server 2015.

File transfer is available in 1-on-1 chat conversations for both Skype for Business online and Skype for Business 2015 server customers. For SfB 2015 server, the December 2017 update needs to be installed and then run Set-CsPlatformServiceSettings cmdlet to set the EnableFileTransfer attribute to true.

Phil.

Wow, This was posted in 2016. It's 2018 now and "still" no attachments can be sent via SfB for mac. It's almost as if Microsoft is deliberately hampering the mac product line. I can't imagine why they would want to do that *blush*.

Works in O365 version, my company has gone over to O365. Maybe a dastardly plan to get everyone on O365. Rumour has it that Skype is getting phased out in favour of Teams :p 

Not shure if you haven't read the whole thread, but this works in O365 for "ages" and in SfB on-premises since December

As others have noted, support for Skype for Business 2015 server customers requires installing the December update and enabling certain policies.  

Any updates? It has passed quite some time!

Support for file transfer in 1-on-1 chats is supported for Skype for Business Online and Skype for Business 2015 server customers.  If you have SfB 2015 server, you must install the December 2017 update and set the appropriate policies.