SRS2 Logitech or Crestron Smart Dock. Microsoft opinion ?

Brass Contributor

Dear members,

I have a SRS2 Logitech smart dock, and was interested with Crestron Smart dock for the Crestron capabilities to interact with our current Crestron automated investment. I had a discussion with Crestron recently and clearly this is not a product they want to promote in first place for many reasons, this is not a Crestron designed product from scratch, rather a Microsoft product designed and engineered by Crestron upon recommendations from Microsoft. They rather advised me on their product RL2 with is based on LRS1 old generation. I'm quite confused as i would like the best of both worlds : SRS2 with Skype for business and H323/SIP world with our old Polycom and the Crestron investment automation.

The challenge is to combine SRS2 with an existent Polycom installation because in our case, we cant get rid of oour current installation. What do you think ? Should i go to LRS1 with RL2 from Crestron and maybe not get the latest upgrades or wait for the SRS2 from Crestron (if one day they decide to sell it) ?

21 Replies
Thanks James we are running a PoC on Polycom MSR now.
Glad to hear Alec. I hope that you enjoy the native MSFT experience.