SOLVED

Using a webpart to show folders from different sites from a collection

Copper Contributor

Hi,

I have a communication site for our communication agent and we would like to have a spot for all the "Design and publicity" folders that we have in different activities sites (they are all part of the same site collection). 

I have tried a few different ways and I'm hitting a wall.

I'm guessing that the Highlighted Content webpart would be the one to use, but there isn't an option for "folder", or am I missing something. 

I see the KQL or CAML query section and have researched a bit and it's over my head! 

The other way I looked at was in the document library of the site, I could add a link to the document where I can put the link to the folder. This works, but it's clunky. It opens up on another page and navigates away from where I'm working. 

Any ideas on how I can do this?

1 Reply
best response confirmed by JoelGDucharme (Copper Contributor)
Solution
I love it when I find out how to do it myself. It's actually quite easy, but not intuitive.

Using the Highlighted Content Webpart, selected "All types" of documents and then typed the title of my folders in the filter section. It works even if when you look in the list of all the types of documents, folders aren't present.
1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by JoelGDucharme (Copper Contributor)
Solution
I love it when I find out how to do it myself. It's actually quite easy, but not intuitive.

Using the Highlighted Content Webpart, selected "All types" of documents and then typed the title of my folders in the filter section. It works even if when you look in the list of all the types of documents, folders aren't present.

View solution in original post