Use calculated columns to add metadata tags to documents

Copper Contributor

Hi everyone, 

I saw it was possible to use calculated columns to manage metadata tags added to documents. 

Here is my use case : 

I have a library within which I have 1 folder per supplier account. I am looking for a formula that would automatically add the relevant metadata tag in the appropriate column when the document's name contains specific keywords. For instance, if the document is named "Price Agreement" I want the "Price Agreement" tag to be automatically displayed in the "Document Type" calculated column. 

Is there a way to do so with calculated columns or would Power Automate be the solution ? 

Many thanks in advance for your time & help & I wish you a nice day. 

Regards

Tom 

3 Replies

@Tom_Avril,

Unfortunately, this is not possible using SharePoint calculated columns as you cannot use file "Name" column in calculated column formulas.

So, you will have to use the Power automate flow for you requirements.

Please click Mark as Best Response & Like if my post helped you to solve your issue. This will help others to find the correct solution easily. It also closes the item. If the post was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Like.

@ganeshsanap thanks for your time i'll carry this one to the relevant forum

@Tom_Avril You are welcome.

If you need any help with Power automate flow, you can add questions at:

1. Power Apps and Power Automate in SharePoint 
  2. Microsoft Power Automate Community Forums 

Please click Mark as Best Response & Like if my post helped you to solve your issue. This will help others to find the correct solution easily. It also closes the item. If the post was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Like.