SOLVED

SharePoint List - Calculated formula

Copper Contributor

Hi

I am trying to import my risk register to a SharePoint list and need a formula that looks at columns based on their PESTLE analysis to assign it a 'Low, Medium or High' score.

My formula based on the PESTLE column isn't working, below;

=IF([PESTLE]=Political,"High",
IF(AND([PESTLE]=Economic,"Medium",
IF(AND([PESTLE]=Sociological,"Medium",
IF(AND([PESTLE]=Technological,"Medium",
IF(AND([PESTLE]=Legal,"Low"
,IF([PESTLE]=Enviromental,"Low"))))))

Can someone help please?

thanks
Lee
2 Replies
best response confirmed by leecoogan (Copper Contributor)
Solution

@leecoogan Try using this formula: 

=IF([PESTLE]="Political","High",IF(OR([PESTLE]="Economic",[PESTLE]="Sociological",[PESTLE]="Technological"),"Medium",IF(OR([PESTLE]="Legal",[PESTLE]="Enviromental"),"Low","")))

Please click Mark as Best Response & Like if my post helped you to solve your issue. This will help others to find the correct solution easily. It also closes the item. If the post was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Like.

For SharePoint/Power Platform blogs, visit: Ganesh Sanap Blogs

@leecoogan the logic of the formula is wrong; you are using AND so you are currently basically saying in the formula "IF Pestle equals Economic AND Pestle equals Sociological AND Pestle equals Technological AND Pestle equals Legal which I assume it never can" Assuming the PESTLE column will only have 1 value you can simplify the formula to the following:

=IF(PESTLE="Political", "High", IF(OR(PESTLE="Economic", PESTLE="Sociological", PESTLE="Technological"), "Medium", "Low"))

Rob
Los Gallardos
Intranet, SharePoint and Power Platform Manager (and classic 1967 Morris Traveller driver)

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by leecoogan (Copper Contributor)
Solution

@leecoogan Try using this formula: 

=IF([PESTLE]="Political","High",IF(OR([PESTLE]="Economic",[PESTLE]="Sociological",[PESTLE]="Technological"),"Medium",IF(OR([PESTLE]="Legal",[PESTLE]="Enviromental"),"Low","")))

Please click Mark as Best Response & Like if my post helped you to solve your issue. This will help others to find the correct solution easily. It also closes the item. If the post was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Like.

For SharePoint/Power Platform blogs, visit: Ganesh Sanap Blogs

View solution in original post