SOLVED

Rollout of Modern Pages to First Release Full Org

Silver Contributor
@davecohen Any update on progress of rolling out Modern Pages to FR Full org please? I've managed to sample via Select Users just keen to know current status. Thanks!
91 Replies

Certainly am. I'm not sure why they are rolling it out seperatley to the modern pages. If I objected to preview software I wouldn't have the whole tenant on first release and 'Modern' everything enabled. Quite keen to get the Team News update as well as that plugs one of the current functional gaps.

@Michael Perry we started rolling out Team News to FR.  We are currently in 10% FR and we'll keep everyone posted when we expand further.

nice, like that there is a search box, but I'm seeing again a different search UI than in other O365 products.

Search turned from something reliable (enterprise search) to something unpredictable in my opinion. I've created a seperate thread about this here: https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/Office-365/Different-File-Search-Experiences-across-the-O365-...

Also, nice to see the Team News rolling out, though I'm still not sure how this works technically. I've seen a News.aspx in the SitePages thats currently empty.

Will the TeamNews be just another "content type" and we'll get a new webpart that just shows News? What happens if I modify the News.aspx? And other stuff like that :)

Just to be sure? I do not have to do anything in order to see the modern teamsites?

Just click on "Sharepoint" and "+ Create site"?

I am a first release customer but do not see anything appearing in my tenant, yet?

Thanks, Mike

@Alina Skarbovsky are the modern pages (sitepages) content type tied to specific pages?  I was trying to add them to a pages library on a publishing site and i can't find the content type.  What feature are these tied to?

@davecohen  are the modern pages (sitepages) content type tied to specific pages?  I was trying to add them to a pages library on a publishing site and i can't find the content type.  What feature are these tied to?

sorry.. specific sharepoint features .. just trying to find the content type within a publishing site

Modern pages do have their own content type. @Alyssa Danesh might be able to help you figure out why it's not showing up in your Publishing site.

I don't think that we've rolled out creating modern team sites from the "+Create site" entry point yet. Adding @Lincoln DeMaris and @Sean Squires to keep me honest here.

Thanks for the answers. But I mean the modern TEAM SITE. Not a modern publishing site.

I do not see how I can create a modern Team site, yet. Or am I looking in the wrond direction?

Thanks, Mike

What i've seen is that in newly created team sites the sitepages or modern pages are available as a content type which lets you create a modern page.

When I try to use the team site associated with groups, about 2/3 of the actions redirect to the group library because they are still blocking things like creating a list, creating a view etc.

Knowing that team sites show activity feed in the mobile app and publishing sites show the welcome page, i'd rather use a publishing site if possible but the sites pages are not showing up there.

Would love any advice

dave

At present, from my understanding modern team sites are created and tied to Groups and SharePoint Team Sites to follow.

To all people already using modern Team Sites. How do you create them?

Thanks, Mike

Sorry to bump again but I ugently need these modern team sites.

Can someone help me out?

Thanks, Mike

We are EDU first release and are still waiting for the update. Do we know when it will be released to 100% of first release customer. Really looking forward to trying out all of the new features 

I have noticed an issue that has started recently.  The icon background color is different from the site color on the SharePoint dashboard. See pics

Screen Shot 2016-11-07 at 10.21.02 AM.pngScreen Shot 2016-11-07 at 10.20.56 AM.png

Hi Corey,

We're aware of this issue and are working on a fix.

Thanks!

Dave

Hi Dave

Can you tell me some more about the release scedule. When will you be on 100% for first release customers?

Thanks, Mike

Any update?
Nothing here yet... ;-(

Hi Dave - any update on a fix timeline?  It looks terrible.  Thanks!