Removing "Getting Started" parts from SharePoint Online WebPages

Brass Contributor

On SharePoint Pages we see an area titled 'Getting Started' (screen below). I am trying to find out best ways to remove this.  It doesn't seem to be a webpart which we can be simply hidden. Please suggest safer ways to remove it. Is it possible to set it's property at collection level so that we can hide it for all pages instead of doing it page-by-page.

SharePoint - Getting Started.png

4 Replies
How did you add the WebPart there? I see your page has been customized and this can be done in two ways: manually or programmatically. Can you try to open de WebPart maintenance page appending to the page url the following: ?contents=1

This block "Getting Started" seems like is added automatically during the site-creation. This doesn't sound like a webpart, since it doesn't have the WebPart editing option at the top right corner of the WebPart area during page edits.  

Apparently, this block is there for the sites which were "migrated from on-premise to SPO". The sites started freshly within SPO doesn't have this block. 

The WebPart maintenance page has following :

SharePoint - Getting Started 2.png

Does it go away if you deactivate the "Getting Started" site feature?

pic2.png

Hi Drew,

It did not go away when I deacticated that in manage site features. I tried using diffferent browsers after deactivating just to ensure it's not coming from cache etc. Thanks for the pointer though.