Organisation Chart in O365/ SharePoint

Iron Contributor

We're currently looking at having an organisational chart for our company, which display the structure of teams etc. and individual staff info.

Ideally we want this to be accessible via our SharePoint intranet, either as a link or embedded frame.

Does anyone know of an 'out of the box' solution for this? I know there is the O365 People app, which is basically pulling from AD/ the address book, however it doesn't show a chart when you click on an individual. 

So if there is an O365 solution that would be good, or if anyone knows a 3rd party software that does the job that would also be good to know.

Any help would be much appreciated!

Michael Butterfield

Rugby Borough Council

52 Replies
Is there a more recent post on how to do this? We're looking at doing this now.

Hi,

How can I get to this setting?

Hi @Debra Currie 

I'm just wondering why the organization in our user profiles doesn't show anything:

chart.jpg

Hi @Raymond Little 

Could you please let me know how did you do that? : 

"We have 140 employees in our organisation and the chart shows all employees on one page using the SharePoint Online single application page."

Doesn't appear to do the whole org, just my peers and the manager above. 

@OpenAthensAndy 

Yes i also need the chart for whole organization for our HR, but there is no solution only for 3rd party which are expensive. There is other solution to use visio, but visio is also paied, we need only to create chart one time for few month so there is didnt need to buy another product. Thanks

@Raymond Little would you be prepared to share any details?

@Paul Mitchell we created a custom solution to handle this. Basically used a back end job to generate a full org hierarchy once a day and then created a custom SharePoint web part to display that. It was developed for internal use and it was tricky to get a good layout with a lot of users but it was possible.

Hi@Raymond Little 

thanks for answer i cant search solution for show whole chart, but out company want to use o365 for that they didnt want to pay extra for solution so that is problem

@Raymond Little You wouldn't happen to be able to share this custom solution? That sounds very useful!

If you have not notice this in the Message Center, There is now an Org Chart Web Part for SharePoint. Uses the same basic design you see in Teams or Outlook when you hover over a user. Nice! 

hi @Jeff Harlow 

thanks for answer but where i can found it in sharepoint? i ll checked it

Thanks

@Peda05 
You can also try using a 3rd party like this and see if it works out for you.

Uses the best practice for SharePoint Modern and also includes employee search functions.

Cheers.