Not loving the "team site" nomenclature on "Create a Site" panel

MVP

We just got Communications sites this week and the big bummer for us is the Create a Site panel. We're been encouraging the use of creating Office 365-powered Sites rather than sites built on the old Project site or Community site templates. And we're trying to position these sites as something different from our "traditional" Team Site site collections.

We had been calling those sites "Group Sites". You know, they're different than Team Sites so we wanted to call them something different. 

The old "Create a Site" panel was nice because it did two things

1. "team site" in lower case
  2. "Office 365 Groups" in big letters and very obvious

The new panel with Communications Sites is a disappointing because the "Group" emphasis is far far less noticable.

I know that Microsoft isn't very good at creating distinct and non-confusing product names (see: Xbox One, Skype (for Business), Microsoft Teams). Why aren't these things called Group sites?  Why do they have the same name as the older Team Sites which are different?

gripe.png

2 Replies
Talking about product names, how about Microsoft Forms. For some reason I thought that this would be a form solution like InfoPath which in its turn I didn't expect to be a form solution.

Given that MS Forms is essentially similar to Google Forms I'm not inclined to gripe about that.  I have some folks at my company using Forms as a replacement for a web form (as well as Surveys).