New symbol in Sharepoint synced files on Onedrive for Mac M1

Copper Contributor

This is a new symbol for me on Onedrive for Mac. 

mfish77_0-1643050512822.png

Has anyone seen this one yet and know what it means? I had all of my Sharepoint files marked for offline access for months now, and today I found the quick access link was gone in my Finder sidebar, files were not downloaded for offline access, and this mysterious gray icon with the underlined checkmark. Obviously, the icon seems to imply it is online access only and synced, but the gray color has me confused. Did anyone else have this issue with Sharepoint files synced to a Mac M1 machine? My system is a Macbook Air M1 (2021) with 16GB RAM, 1TB Storage. OneDrive Version 22.002.0103.004 for Mac M1 systems.

4 Replies

@mfish77 Same here. You have to do it all again : right click on the folders for offline work and specify that the files should remain on the machine but it does not appear sufficient. You need to click on the new "cloud" icon (this will sync the files again) so that it disappear... Lots of issues (not counting the fact that the files are moved elsewhere (cloud location)) : you need to re-create the shortcuts. 

PS : By the way, I am on classical Mac (non M1). Seems to be an issue for all Mac users.  

@patimages Interesting that this issue is affecting non-M1 too. I had attributed the problems to Microsoft working out bugs on the ARM systems. I am all for updates that make things better, but I get frustrated when changes roll out, break things, change how it works, and then there is a complete lack of documentation of what they did. 

I have experienced the same issue with marking things "Always keep on this device". Clicking the cloud icon sometimes does it, and right-clicking a large folder to mark it to keep on the device does not appear to be working. Subfolders are not affected, and updates do not appear to be staying on the device as a local file after changes are made, meaning they revert to online access only. 

i have the same issue, what a dumb upgrade.
ppl at microsoft working without attention to details.