Mordern SharePoint list is not editing

Copper Contributor

Hi, I have created a number of lists on a modern SharePoint site and have been able to input initial data into them......However, now trying to update any of the fields, no data is being captured or saved.

I have tried a number of things, different explores, IE11, Chrome & Firefox, different views, removing Flows and nothing is working.

Can someone please HELP

2 Replies
Can you elaborate a bit on the process? Are you seeing an edit form? Does it let you apply changes? You using the details pane after selecting? Tried both?

In my experience, it happens in two scenarios:

1. When your entry fails data validation. If you are entering data into any of the columns/fields that does not pass either default validation (for example, a choice list field won't accept anything outside the list) or custom validation (validation that you may have applied to a column), the entire row is not saved.

2. If you are using quick edit or entering data in datasheet view, the reason maybe that you didn't wait long enough for the data to be saved. I have experienced this kind of data loss a couple of times.

It may also be bug, so a support call to Microsoft may be needed. Please keep us informed.