Modern Document Library Webpart - view not working

Brass Contributor

We seem to have a problem that has appeared this week where document library webparts on modern pages don't filter the documents based on the view that is specified in the webpart.

All looks ok when adding the webpart, but as soon as the page is published or refreshed the webpart ignores the view and displays all the documents (clicking "see all" and going directly to the document library displays views correctly).

I'm certain that this was working ok last week - is anyone else seeing this problem?

31 Replies

It was fixed by Microsoft late last week. I presume that it was fixed across all tenants but perhaps ours was one of the early ones. We use a standard release tenant.

We are still facing this issue too, but according to the issue raport the fix should be released within two weeks. I guess there is not much to do but to wait. 

Thank you Richard for confirmation. We have Office 365 Enterprise E3. I hope we get this fixes soon.

I am still experiencing this issue as of today.

This seems to be fixed now, almost forgot the whole issue too. But everything is fine now :)

The views started working for me on the documents on Monday - but not the modified date is a bunch of weird numbers and there are other fields that don't display on the page - like Created and other fields that I added to the library.

Filters don't apply in my tenant either... 

Hi Scott,

I'm having the same issue that you describe - did you ever find a solution?

It resolved itself a while back now. The tenant was on targetted release so if you're not that could be the reason you're still having the issue?

the issue on this thread should be solved. What is the symptom you are seeing ? 

1. Add news webpart to a page
  2. Edit the webpart to apply a filter based on a property of the news pages
  3. Apply the filter
  4. Filter only works upon refresh
  5. Sometimes when you come back to the page all news are displayed and you have to refresh again

Facing same problem today also