Missing automatically created managed property for custom choice column

Copper Contributor

Hi There,

In one of my tenant I am missing automatically created managed property (for e.g. SiteColumnNameOWSCHCS) in SharePoint Online for one my my custom choice column. The column has data and has been crawled and I can find it in crawled properties. If I map to one of the RefinableString properties I can access and display it's values in Search Result as well.

However, My issue is that I have a webpart that depends on the automatically created property because it's name has been hard coded in the webpart. 

Is there a way to force SharePoint online to create this missing property.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/sharepoint/technical-reference/automatically-created-managed-proper...

6 Replies
I have the same issue; a custom choice column which isn't available to map with the refinablestring

@Patricia_nl @imran7799 

Where did you create the column exactly, at SharePoint "list" level or "site" level (site column)?

When you create a site column, managed property will be created automatically but when you create a list column, you have to create the managed property manually.

Check:

1. Manage the search schema in SharePoint 
  2. How Do Site Columns Become Managed Properties - Thus Available for Search 

Please click Mark as Best Response & Like if my post helped you to solve your issue. This will help others to find the correct solution easily. It also closes the item. If the post was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Like.

Hi, thanks for your reaction. I created the column in the content gallery. Because I want to use it all across the tenant. When I look up the fieldname in the library, the url ends in: Type_x0020_document

When I look up the managed property I don't find that exact fieldname. I do know that there should be a ows prefix, but it is'nt there. It's been over a week now. What I do find is: Typedocument

That field is greyed out, don't know what that means. I don't think this is the right field.

Do I have to do this again on site level?

It worked, think I just had to create some docs with that metadata, wait a while, to get it indexed. Thanks anyway, great response

@Patricia_nl 

Yes, correct. You have to add the values in those columns to be available as crawled properties in SharePoint. 

You also have to wait until SharePoint crawls the data for your list/library. Usually crawling is done every 15 minutes in SharePoint Online.

If the content is not crawled automatically for few hours, you can manually request crawling and reindexing for your document library/list. Check this documentation for more information: Manually request crawling and reindexing of a SharePoint site, a library or a list 

Please click Mark as Best Response & Like if my post helped you to solve your issue. This will help others to find the correct solution easily. It also closes the item. If the post was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Like.

I don't have that option to do that for you, where can I find that? It's not in behind the ...
and also not at the like section.