Microsoft Lists - Latest Updates Bugs

Copper Contributor

A number of our users have started getting the latest updates to Microsoft lists and with this we have had a few issues/bugs in using it; 

- double clicking on items to open them no longer works on lists that are grouped by two or more columns.

- the new form popup window for items is no longer formatted with three columns. This makes the user have to scroll a lot more. We don't yet have the option to customize our form, this page needs updating for the latest version of Microsoft Lists; Configure the list form | Microsoft Learn

Does anyone know how to make the new form fill the screen or at least three columns?

- clicking save after making changes to item does not always go through - have to do it multiple times or change browser for it to work

- Data is not always showing in the columns, appears as blank but if you edit the item it then shows. Again i think this is when on a List where the view has more than two group by columns set. 

4 Replies

@duckwar 

I will suggest you to raise a support ticket with Microsoft directly and report this behavior. Check: Get M365 support - online support 

Please click Mark as Best Response & Like if my post helped you to solve your issue. This will help others to find the correct solution easily. It also closes the item. If the post was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Like.

I am having issues too. I understand the core functionality has changed but I am encountering a bug that will affect every user. When in Edit in grid view mode and after updating a particular cell when dragging down to apply this change to more cells in that column I get random sync errors appearing against purely random rows and the data in that cell has not been changed. If this is happening to organisations with hundreds of users this could be potentially disastrous if the users are not vigilant and update the offending cells manually. I cannot raise a ticket as our companies admin is US based and nobody in the UK knows who the admin is
Andy, you might have some luck with turning off "Offline Client Availability" on the list. This is under List Settings > Advanced Settings > Offline Client Availability set to No

I have found the Edit in grid mode is buggy for some users and other users manage to use it fine. Most of the time clearing cache, reinstalling the app seems to solve the problem temporarily, make sure web browser is up to date too.

We have users updating hundreds of records across different lists and since the UI changes this year I've had various problems with users advising they have edited items and it's not saved. I don't think it helps end users when save buttons move or save is automatic when users edit single items.

I've found it performs best for users on Edge. We have some users where the filters don't load in the MS List App but they work fine in the browser.

We've been using lists for the past 3-4 years and these updates have caused numerous problems that we've had to work around.

@Dave_743 

Thanks for that Dave

I shall definitely give that a try. Hopefully it will resolve that issue.
However one that went away has now reared it ugly head again today. When a user wants to print a list to pdf they do ctrl +p and print to pdf however only the first column is shown. This bug first surfaced the day MS moved to Microsoft Lists and then seemed to resolve itself the same day leading me to believe MS had fixed it. No such luck back again today.

The only workaround for this I have found is to use the Brave browser