SOLVED

Enter-Key does not work anymore in SharePoint Lists

Copper Contributor

Until a few days ago, I was able to use the enter key when entering data into a SharePoint List column [edit mode] in order to jump to the next cell below. For some reason that does not work anymore. When I hit enter now it deletes the entry. What is causing this and how can I get a functional enter key back?

3 Replies

@Antje11105 

Use Tab-Key instead of Enter-Key, I just tested and tab-key works fine for me.

Please click Mark as Best Response & Like if my post helped you to solve your issue. This will help others to find the correct solution easily. It also closes the item. If the post was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Like.

@ganeshsanap My apologies. I wrote "column" instead of "cell" in my original post. I just updated it. 
I need to enter/update one column. The enter key used to jump to the next cell down, staying in the same column. The tab key for me jumps into the next column to the right. 

best response confirmed by Antje11105 (Copper Contributor)
Solution

@Antje11105 Enter-key no longer works in Quick Edit/Grid view to move from one cell to another cell vertically.

When you click on any cell in grid view, it opens that particular cell in edit mode. Unfortunately, there is no way to change this behavior in SharePoint using out of the box options/settings.

Please click Mark as Best Response & Like if my post helped you to solve your issue. This will help others to find the correct solution easily. It also closes the item. If the post was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Like.

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by Antje11105 (Copper Contributor)
Solution

@Antje11105 Enter-key no longer works in Quick Edit/Grid view to move from one cell to another cell vertically.

When you click on any cell in grid view, it opens that particular cell in edit mode. Unfortunately, there is no way to change this behavior in SharePoint using out of the box options/settings.

View solution in original post