Difference in uploading images from local computer vs. loading images from Document libraries

Copper Contributor

Hi,

I faced a strange behavior in SharePoint pages.

I wanted to add images in table cells on a SharePoint page.

I uploaded images in Document libraries and loaded images from there. All images were displayed fine in a Draft view and I republished. Still all images were displayed OK.

But after someone else in my team edited the pages, all the images except the one loaded from the Document libraries lastly got disappeared. I could not select the cells where I loaded images from Document libraries, it seems something but not visible were still there.

When I re-tired adding images by uploading them from my local computer, it worked fine. But if I use option to load images from the Document libraries, this issue keep happening.

What is the difference in uploading images from local computer vs. loading images from Document libraries?? Is there any recommendations? To me, both the features are similar.

Regards,

Mariko

2 Replies
What's the permissions look like, both methods are storing the image file in a document library and referencing.

Uploading from desktop will place it in /Site Assets/<PageName>/image.jpg
Thank you Warwick for your response.
I confirmed that uploaded images are planed in /Site Assets/<PageName>/<Image Name>.jpg.

I referenced the same image from a document library in multiple cells, which may have caused an issue. If I upload images from my computer for each table cell, I could find the multiple image files of same jpg. file.

If I want to use the same image in multiple locations, is it safer to upload from my computer?? Or still both the feature should work...