Controlling filter panes

Copper Contributor

We're have a large library used by hundreds of employees. Filter pane questions:

1. Can we save a default filter pane so everyone has the same experience? Whenever someone accesses the library they see a different set of filters.
  2. Title and Enterprise Keywords columns will not stay in the filter pane after a browser refresh. Do these columns not work with the filter pane? 
  3. If you know of any articles or videos that describe what's possible with the filter pane in detail could you link to them? 

2 Replies

My 2 cents here:
1. You should have this working by creating custom views in your document library. As soon as you add a filter in the document library, you can save the filters applied in the current view or create a new one
2. Mmm, not sure if keywords, that in the end are managed metadata, are supported in the filters pane. Apparently they aren't (just have tested this). I'm tagging here @Lincoln DeMaris

3. Office 365 support articles are your best friend here

We have several custom views, and still the filter pane doesn't stick for everyone after a refresh. The other problem is that many people need edit access to this library, so many people can change the filters. The O365 support docs are too general in this case and don't help. That's too bad about not being able to use enterprise keywords. I think some of the improvements coming to lists/libraries will help us.