07-17-2017 01:52 PM
07-17-2017 01:52 PM
I'm plaing with the new Communication Sites and would like my document library to allow users to rate/like the documents. However, in the Library Settings, "Rating Settings" isn't available. Is this possible within a Communication Site? Ultimately, I'd like to have a section on this site that shows the highest rated/most liked content. Is that possible? If not, is that on the roadmap? Thanks!
07-17-2017 01:59 PM
07-17-2017 02:23 PM - edited 07-17-2017 02:37 PM
WIth this feature apparently not being available in Communication Sites and not on the roadmap by the looks of it, it's well worth suggesting this feature on Uservoice. Even more so if there is likely to be general interest in the proposed feature.
Get the idea up (assuming there isn't one already), get people to vote and add comments on how this would be useful in their environment. This is the best way to get Microsoft to consider new features or to reinstate existing features! Here is the link, to the Communications Sites section on the SharePoint Uservoice.
02-22-2018 07:43 AM
I've added a suggestion for this on Uservoice. Please vote :0)
04-25-2018 08:01 PM
I was able to enable it in a group connected Team site but «rating settings» menu is missing from the list settings in a Communication site. Why?
The Team site was a modern site so it is not a question of modern or not.
All the site collection features settings are the same.
04-26-2018 01:06 AM
The ratings features can be activated using PowerShell. I got the following instructions from Microsoft.
1) The client machine needs to have the SharePoint Online Management Shell components installed ( http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=35588 )
2) #1 will not install if PowerShell 3.0 is not installed, install from: http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=34595 (this will require a reboot)
3) Open SharePoint Online Management shell installed in Step #1 Need to Allow PS script SPFeatureCommander.ps1 to run from an elevated PS window, run: Get-ExecutionPolicy to get current setting, then run: Set-ExecutionPolicy Unrestricted to set it to unrestricted.
(think you may need client SDK as well?, http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=42038.
After those 3 items, extract items from SPFeatureCommander.zip to a folder. In SharePoint Online Management shell navigate to that folder and perform following:
Download SPFeatureCommander.zip from the link https://franktech365-my.sharepoint.com/personal/admin_franktech365_onmicrosoft_com/_layouts/15/guest...
4) Run .\SPFeatureCommander.ps1 from shell. A GUI should open called CSOM SPFeature Commander. Alternatively you can right click on the SPFeatureCommander.ps1 file and select run with PowerShell.
5) Enter their Site URL - https://<name>.sharepoint.com (Please replace the communication site URL)
6) Enter an user name (account must have Admin privileges) and enter the password.
7) In the Feature GUID box, enter following feature GUID value: 915c240e-a6cc-49b8-8b2c-0bff8b553ed3
8) You should see a message in Last Command Output that Feature Activated.
You may refer the below link for other feature GUID's in SharePoint :
07-13-2018 04:35 AM
My I have that SPFeatureCommander.zip file? The link you provided is not working now.
12-13-2018 03:08 AM
Thanks for this! I was facing the same problem. Management has asked me to set up an ideation platform in SharePoint. I'm setting up a POC based on MS Forms, MS Flow and a SharePoint communication site (the end-user facing front-end) with a few lists. I wanted to present users a list with ideas suggested by others, with the option to like them, so that I can introduce some kind of ranking into the list and to make it more "social".
The rating feature is indeed available only on team sites and not on communication sites, but this procedure worked perfectly to add it. It just saved me half a day of work (setting up the site, configuring the flows), as I was afraid I would have to do it all over again on an team site.
03-13-2019 07:01 AM
@Dave Heffernan Thanks for the file. I am able to activate Rating Feature in communication site and able to rate it . Will this be reliable as i m going to use in it PRD . Is this microsoft recommended?
03-13-2019 01:36 PM
This solution was provided by Microsoft after I raised a service request on the topic. You could follow up with them directly just to be sure.
02-10-2020 03:33 AM
02-13-2020 01:35 PM
04-06-2020 08:10 PM
@Dave Heffernan Hi Dave - I am facing an error in activating this feature .
Can you please help on this ?
Error is :
An error occurred activating Feature: 915c240e-a6cc-49b8-8b2c-0bff8b553ed3
Error detail: You cannot call a method on a null-valued expression.
04-22-2020 01:24 PM
by Laurent SITTLER on June 01, 2020
by Jeff Henry on May 29, 2020
by EddaSofia on May 29, 2020
by PamBarber on June 01, 2020
by Cathy Dew on May 21, 2020
by DC Padur on May 18, 2020
Posted in Microsoft Ignite The Tour 2019 on January 15, 2020