SOLVED

Change Titel of SharePoint Site in Site Dashboard

Copper Contributor

Hi all,

I recently changed the Name of a SharePoint Online Site from "Learning Community" to just "Learning"

Everthing works fine except that I noticed that the Name of the site in the Site Dashboard still shows the old Name.

Is there a way to update this "Site Card" with the new naming?

Kind Regards,

Barney

2 Replies
best response confirmed by BarneyBarnabas (Copper Contributor)
Solution

Hi @BarneyBarnabas ,

This won't change straight away as its based on Search re-indexing the change. How long has it been?  Things like changes and deletions can sometimes be days or a week, bit odd I know but its based on how search indexes content. New files are usually picked up in a couple of minutes, changes/deletions not so quick. 

You could try re-indexing the site, this may give it the kick it needs - go to the site -> Click the cog -> Site information - > View all Site Settings. Under Search Select Search and Offline Availability and re-index the site as below:-

reindex.PNG

Hey @Andrew Hodges,

Many thanks for your Response!

The renaming was done 3 weeks ago, so this should have been re-indexed in my opinion.

Therefore I'm happy to try manually setting the site to be re-indexed and will post an update after this will be done.

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by BarneyBarnabas (Copper Contributor)
Solution

Hi @BarneyBarnabas ,

This won't change straight away as its based on Search re-indexing the change. How long has it been?  Things like changes and deletions can sometimes be days or a week, bit odd I know but its based on how search indexes content. New files are usually picked up in a couple of minutes, changes/deletions not so quick. 

You could try re-indexing the site, this may give it the kick it needs - go to the site -> Click the cog -> Site information - > View all Site Settings. Under Search Select Search and Offline Availability and re-index the site as below:-

reindex.PNG

View solution in original post