Can a row in a List be deleted if the user selects a Choice item stating an issue is resolved?

Copper Contributor

"Choice" is a data type in Microsoft List.  I understand that I can set things up such that, if a user picks a particularly determined item in the Choice, an event or process can be triggered.  How can I make it such that the user is given a warning saying that his choice will close and permanently delete the item after the approving manager is emailed?

1 Reply

@wm-thompson If you just want to notify user based on column change, you can use Rules in SharePoint Online/Microsoft Lists.

If you need customized email for user and approval process for manager, you will have to build the Power automate flow.

Try this:

1. Create a Power automate flow which will run "when list item is modified"
  2. Add condition inside the flow to check if choice column name is equal to Resolved/Completed - as per your choice value
  3. Send approval email/action to manager
  4. Send email to user using outlook send an email action

Make sure to add some checks (based on column values/column value changes, etc.) to avoid infinite running loop of flows as flows will run on any modification to the list items.

Please click Mark as Best Response & Like if my post helped you to solve your issue. This will help others to find the correct solution easily. It also closes the item. If the post was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Like.