Automatically display photo credit in SharePoint communication site pages?

Iron Contributor

This is a question that I'm pretty sure I know the answer (no), but wanted to check with the SharePoint community just to make sure. A key use-case/requirement for our photo assets (both internal and external facing) is to include a photo credit every time a photo is used (e.g. PowerPoint, SharePoint, public website, etc.). 

In the example of a SharePoint communication site, is it possible (out of the box) to have an image assets library with photo credit information stored somewhere (either as a column or consuming the image metadata with caption/credit) and then display that photo credit underneath the image everywhere it is used within a site page? I've seen a similar question here, How to auto read meta data from images - Microsoft Community Hub, but wanted to check if there are any changes since 2019. 

1 Reply

@Bynum Hoekstra 

Not possible by default or automatically but you can add the caption manually for images. For example: Image web part in SharePoint site pages: 

ganeshsanap_0-1706075019130.png

Please click Mark as Best Response & Like if my post helped you to solve your issue. This will help others to find the correct solution easily. It also closes the item. If the post was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Like.