As Owner of Sharepoint site, can't share document links in email to other members.

Copper Contributor

Hi, I'm hoping that someone here can help me. I'm the license owner and set up a Sharepoint site with external members outside of my organization. They have had no issue sharing and opening links to documents contained in our emails, but anytime I've tried they can't open it. They receive a message "This link is only available to internal users." Does that mean something about permissions was set up incorrectly? 

2 Replies

Hi @katrina_municipalwaste 

Can you check the below settings in the SharePoint Admin Center?

SudharsanK_0-1704862333401.pngSudharsanK_1-1704862656400.png

Hi, @katrina_municipalwaste,

Our Microsoft SharePoint setup guide covers external sharing. You'll discover that our setup guides provide a seamless experience by guiding you through each step. They connect directly to your organization's account, tailoring guidance to your specific needs and ensuring efficient configuration. This guide assists with topics such as information rights management, protection labels, securing mobile apps, and more. 

Additionally, Microsoft 365 guides are available to all users, including potential clients, partners, and IT admins, at setup.microsoft.com. Access them freely without the need for login credentials.