Add Custom Command Bar in Button "New" of Modern Page of Team Site

Copper Contributor

I need to add a custom action in the available actions when clicking on the "New" button of a modern page, is it possible ?

Custom Action.png

I had thought that maybe it could be done using a SharePoint Framework Extension of type "ListView Command Set" and configuring the "RegistrationType = Web" property:

<CustomAction
         Title = "SPFxListViewCommandSet"
         RegistrationId = "100"
         RegistrationType = "List"
         Location = "ClientSideExtension.ListViewCommandSet.CommandBar"
         ClientSideComponentId = "..."
         ClientSideComponentProperties = "...">
     </ CustomAction>

Any ideas will be welcome.

Thank you!

4 Replies

Hi,

I'm not sure you can actualy customize the "New" menu here in a safe way, but I know you can add a new button to this toolbar with SPFx Extensions.

That xml was for the classic pages in the new modern sites it works different you can check it here https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/sharepoint/dev/spfx/extensions/get-started/building-simple-cmdset-w...

Modern pages are currently not supported.

You can add commands in the list views on the following locations:

Location: Where the commands are displayed. The possible values are:

• ClientSideExtension.ListViewCommandSet.ContextMenu: The context menu of the item(s)
  • ClientSideExtension.ListViewCommandSet.CommandBar: The top command set menu in a list or library
  • ClientSideExtension.ListViewCommandSet: Both the context menu and the command bar (Corresponds to SPUserCustomAction.Location="CommandUI.Ribbon")

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/sharepoint/dev/spfx/extensions/get-started/building-simple-cmdset-w...

or use applications customizer to create similar experience. The button would not be positioned on that drop down, but instead in the `top` bar. Corresponding custom action location is `ClientSideExtension.ApplicationCustomizer`

Quick question Is there a way to create a Drop down command bar on the top command set? 

Thanks in advance