SOLVED

2 errors on dropdown column in SP list

Copper Contributor

Hi,

I had to change the HomeClinic column that had Multiple Selections allowed to not allowed. Reason for that is because a power automate action would not work correctly. 

So with that said, I created 2 more clinics to break up the multiple selections from the Home Clinic column. 

I have approximately 106 values in the each 3 columns. Oddly, after I turned off the Multiple Selections for HomeClinic, I got "network error when using patch function: an error occurred on the server" Then I got the 'JSON parsing error, expected 'array' but got 'object'....

I noticed I am not able to update the value in HomeClinic column at all in the form from Sharepoint despite saving. And I noticed one value NW Tucson (for all rows) and IT Operations (for 1 row) is white out with symbols wrapped around it. Clinic2 and Clinic3 columns are functioning fine.

How do I fix this???? I checked the form and all three columns (homeclinic, clinic2, and clinic3) are all set up the same. So this is the SP issue...??Clinic issue 3.PNGClinic issue 2.PNGClinic issue.PNG

3 Replies

@Holly-CMS Are you using Power Apps customized list form?

Syntax for saving data using Power Apps Patch function for single selection and multiple selection choice fields is different. So, you have to adjust your customized list form and formulas accordingly after the change.

What issues you were facing with multiple selection choice column in Power automate? It is possible to add/updated values in multiple selection choice column from Power automate.

Please click Mark as Best Response & Like if my post helped you to solve your issue. This will help others to find the correct solution easily. It also closes the item. If the post was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Like.

@ganeshsanap 

>Power Apps customized list form - yes and I didn't even do anything to it except to move up 2 new columns. And how do I fix that?

>Power Automate - the Select Action - the dynamic values would not populate the HomeClinic 'VALUE' in the list. With that said, if I select the homeclinic from the Dynamic Values, it would output a LONG wording value....And no one in Power Automate could come up with a solution for this. So I had to get creative and create 2 more columns. The HomeClinic value finally showed up and it works well. Except weird issue popped up. I have over 3000 rows in the list and the ones you see are the only ones that are issues and not able to update. Expression Dropdown Issue.PNG

best response confirmed by Holly-CMS (Copper Contributor)
Solution
Right now, I am going to create a duplicate HomeClinic column from scratch and copy values and then delete the original homeclinic column. I know this will work.
1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by Holly-CMS (Copper Contributor)
Solution
Right now, I am going to create a duplicate HomeClinic column from scratch and copy values and then delete the original homeclinic column. I know this will work.

View solution in original post