Specific Column permission in list

Copper Contributor

Hi,

is it possible to limit the access rights on specific columns in a SharePoint Lists to specific users of the site? We have a team site that we'd like to open up to an external supplier, but we would like them to modify only certain columns, to read others and to hide others.

4 Replies

Hi @BENNET1370 

Hi there, to the best of my knowledge it is not possible to set column-level permissions on SharePoint lists. To do this, you would need to use Power Apps to build a form interface for the list. In PowerApps, you could implement your security in the app directly which might be complicated OR you could build a flow in Power Automate to update the column when the form is submitted. Hope this helps!

Thank you @LuiIacobellis for updating me on this 🙂  

@BENNET1370 You cannot set column-level permissions in SharePoint. SharePoint allows list-level or item-level (record/row-level) permissions only.

Please click Mark as Best Response & Like if my post helped you to solve your issue. This will help others to find the correct solution easily. It also closes the item. If the post was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Like.

You're very welcome!