Show data from additional fields from a lookup column to the custom layout header

Copper Contributor

Hi,

I wanted to show data from additional fields from a lookup column to the custom layout header.

Example:

List 1:

Submit Round (text),

Deadline Date (date),

Result Date (date)

List 2:

Project (text),

Submit Round (lookup),

Deadline Date (additional fields from lookup),

Result Date (additional fields from lookup)

So, I want to configure the header format to show the Deadline Date and Result Date in the Header when the user selects a Submit Round.

Is it possible to achieve this by only custom the header of the Sharepoint list (I'm trying to avoid PowerApps)

Additional challenge: I want to create a new column by combining a lookup column with a Date column by creating a Calculated column but I got an error state the columns are defined as a data type that is not supported in formulas. is there a workaround?

I feel like it is the same problem that may have a similar solution to it.

Thank you.

3 Replies
Hi Pizhayut,

what you mean when you say that you want to create a custom layout header?

Once you create the lookup column on the second list, you can add also other columns from the source list, including datetime. So techincally you have those data

@Antonio_Bellini Hi, thank you for the reply,

I was talking about configuring layout header:

PizhayutArise_0-1714140560614.png

Ref: https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/sharepoint/dev/declarative-customization/list-form-configuration 

I wanted to show the data on the header as follow, but it just show blank

PizhayutArise_1-1714140611975.png

Thank you.

I already had this issue, and i am sure there is no way to do it with Json Format, because in that moment you don't have the context of the lookup list.

My work around was to charge all values i need on different hidden columns on the list, with a Power Automate flow, in this way you could also calculate the column you need.

Other way is power apps, where you load the other list context, so you can have available all value but you said you want to avoid it.