• Months appear horizontally
  • Scroll back and forward to previous years
  • Up to 10 entries visible
  • Colour codable
  • Clickable for more details
  • Some items may go across two or more months
  • Editable from a list
  • We don’t need day or week functionality, just months

I've built something similar in SharePoint 2013 using a workflow to create an html table from a list, but that didn't include the option of going across two or more months. I could figure out how to do that in SharePoint online I guess, but was wondering if anyone knows of a:

• product that does this off the shelf
  • better way of approaching this

Thank you for reading and for any suggestions.

2 Replies
best response confirmed by NCCadm (Copper Contributor)
Solution
Good Morning NCCAdm,

I was looking at your tool, and have also been trying to attempt something similar as well. I've found I have gained a fair bit of control by building something like this, freehand, in Visio. I've been experimenting with a technique called 'Expanded Timelines'. Do a quick find for 'Expanded Timelines' on this page and see if it helps to trigger any brainstorming ideas. Hope this helps! https://www.tutorialspoint.com/microsoft_visio/microsoft_visio_quick_guide.htm

Cheers,
Kris Smith
SPO SME In Training

@GamerzKris 

Hi Kris

Thank you for the suggestion - I will take a look. 

NCCAdm

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by NCCadm (Copper Contributor)
Solution
Good Morning NCCAdm,

I was looking at your tool, and have also been trying to attempt something similar as well. I've found I have gained a fair bit of control by building something like this, freehand, in Visio. I've been experimenting with a technique called 'Expanded Timelines'. Do a quick find for 'Expanded Timelines' on this page and see if it helps to trigger any brainstorming ideas. Hope this helps! https://www.tutorialspoint.com/microsoft_visio/microsoft_visio_quick_guide.htm

Cheers,
Kris Smith
SPO SME In Training

View solution in original post