03-03-2017 09:06 AM
03-03-2017 09:06 AM
Good morning all,
We have been using SDS to automatically sync the change beteween PowerSchool (our SIS) and Classroom. We have 65 Student errors that say:
Cannot export the current entry to Azure Active Directory because this type of change is not supported for the current synchronization. Entry: Type: User; Modification: Add; Anchor: [number (maybe random?)]; Joining Property: [username]@helenastudent.org; Reference Change? False; ContainsEntitlement? False
What would the most likely cause of this be?
03-06-2017 09:53 AM
I have not got into this part yet as we are still just looking, but this sounds like an error where the username already has the property. How many students were successful? Can you see a difference between the ones that took and the ones that failed? As I said I'm really just guessing without some more information and I'll be doing things differently anyway since we are a Banner school.
03-06-2017 09:56 AM
We have looked at the students that failed and the students that didn't fail and there isn't any difference that we can see. Originally we had this issue when a student was enrolled in a class at a different school then they attended but found a switch that we used that allowed those connections.
03-06-2017 10:01 AM
Definitely looks like a conflicting property from your description. Sorry, I'm not more help. I'm sure I'll have plenty of these issues of my own when i get started on this so would appreciate if you find it to post back.
03-09-2017 10:22 AMSolution
03-10-2017 11:59 AM - edited 03-10-2017 12:01 PM
Hello, haven't had time to dive into this question but I wanted to share something I came across just yesterday despite having used SDS for almost a year now. https://support.office.com/en-us/article/School-Data-Sync-errors-and-troubleshooting-1b8762e4-a2dc-4...
03-20-2017 12:48 PM
Thanks for your reply. I realized upon analyizing a little closer that someone had put the wrong UPN in PowerSchool at some point. It was trying to sync two different students together.
04-05-2017 11:44 AM
Of course, the switch was quite simple: prior to automating a lot of the data transfer there were manual entry errors that occured. Therefore, we had students with the wrong domain name in their usernam (i.e. @helenstudent.org as opposed to @helenastudent.org). I would start with that to see if that fixes your issue. It seemed like 90% of our errors revolved around this as if the student failed, then the enrollment records for that student failed too.
04-28-2017 04:24 PM
I received this error if a student does not have an Active Directory account, but the student was entered into our SIS. Possible scenarios: missing students in Azure AD, incorrect UPN's in AzureAD, UPN's in csv file not matching UPN's in AzureAD, data latency or data entry issues between synched Azure AD accounts versus csv files pulled from your SIS.