SOLVED

Error Message - Unsycronizable Change

Copper Contributor

Good morning all,

We have been using SDS to automatically sync the change beteween PowerSchool (our SIS) and Classroom. We have 65 Student errors that say:

"

Cannot export the current entry to Azure Active Directory because this type of change is not supported for the current synchronization. Entry: Type: User;  Modification: Add; Anchor: [number (maybe random?)];  Joining Property: [username]@helenastudent.org; Reference Change? False; ContainsEntitlement? False

"

What would the most likely cause of this be?

Thanks,

Zac

9 Replies

I have not got into this part yet as we are still just looking, but this sounds like an error where the username already has the property. How many students were successful? Can you see a difference between the ones that took and the ones that failed? As I said I'm really just guessing without some more information and I'll be doing things differently anyway since we are a Banner school.

We have looked at the students that failed and the students that didn't fail and there isn't any difference that we can see. Originally we had this issue when a student was enrolled in a class at a different school then they attended but found a switch that we used that allowed those connections. 

Definitely looks like a conflicting property from your description. Sorry, I'm not more help. I'm sure I'll have plenty of these issues of my own when i get started on this so would appreciate if you find it to post back.

best response confirmed by Zachary Campbell (Copper Contributor)
Solution
Zac- This is a student or teacher add error. This means that the identity matching options failed to make a match (assuming you picked the "sync existing users" option and not "the create new users" option when creating your profile). Please check what’s listed in the error as the joining property ([username]@helenastudent.org), and make sure a user in Azure AD actually has that value set to facilitate the match. So, if you picked UserPrincipalName for the target directory attribute on the sync profile matching options, you should ensure a user existing in Azure with that UserPrincipalName. That’s the value SDS is attempting to use to match the identities, and is based on the settings configured in the sync profile. I hope this helps- let me know if not. Thanks, Matt

Hello, haven't had time to dive into this question but I wanted to share something I came across just yesterday despite having used SDS for almost a year now.  https://support.office.com/en-us/article/School-Data-Sync-errors-and-troubleshooting-1b8762e4-a2dc-4...

-Ana

Matt,

Thanks for your reply. I realized upon analyizing a little closer that someone had put the wrong UPN in PowerSchool at some point. It was trying to sync two different students together.

Zac

Doe you mind posting the switch you used? I'm having this same issue.

Of course, the switch was quite simple: prior to automating a lot of the data transfer there were manual entry errors that occured. Therefore, we had students with the wrong domain name in their usernam (i.e. @helenstudent.org as opposed to @helenastudent.org). I would start with that to see if that fixes your issue. It seemed like 90% of our errors revolved around this as if the student failed, then the enrollment records for that student failed too.

I received this error if a student does not have an Active Directory account, but the student was entered into our SIS.   Possible scenarios: missing students in Azure AD, incorrect UPN's in AzureAD, UPN's in csv file not matching UPN's in AzureAD, data latency or data entry issues between synched Azure AD accounts versus csv files pulled from your SIS.

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by Zachary Campbell (Copper Contributor)
Solution
Zac- This is a student or teacher add error. This means that the identity matching options failed to make a match (assuming you picked the "sync existing users" option and not "the create new users" option when creating your profile). Please check what’s listed in the error as the joining property ([username]@helenastudent.org), and make sure a user in Azure AD actually has that value set to facilitate the match. So, if you picked UserPrincipalName for the target directory attribute on the sync profile matching options, you should ensure a user existing in Azure with that UserPrincipalName. That’s the value SDS is attempting to use to match the identities, and is based on the settings configured in the sync profile. I hope this helps- let me know if not. Thanks, Matt

View solution in original post