Edit File Properties direct link

Copper Contributor

Hi all,

I have a simple Flow creating a file in a document library on SharePoint Online (modern experience).

I'd like now to return a link to the file's properties for the user to update - ideally, one click takes directly to the "Edit all properties" panel.

Any help?

Thanks,

Igor. 

4 Replies

@IgoDo 

Generate edit properties link in below format and send it to users:

<library url>/Forms/EditForm.aspx?ID=<Id>

For Example: 

https://contoso.sharepoint.com/sites/HR/HRDocs/Forms/EditForm.aspx?ID=6

Where 6 is the value of SharePoint default ID column for particular document/file.

Please click Mark as Best Response & Like if my post helped you to solve your issue. This will help others to find the correct solution easily. It also closes the item. If the post was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Like.

@ganeshsanap how do you get this to open in a panel popup instead of loading a new full page?

@emersonbruce Unfortunately, I don't think you will be able to open the properties pane using hyperlink / URL.

Please consider giving a Like if my post helped you in any way.

I actually found a decent solution using customRowAction of editProps. Unfortunately i realized it opens in the Edit All mode rather than dynamic field edit form view so the user color formatting is not maintained. Microsoft is still slow to meet user needs for formatting the forms and color coding is heavily favored by our users - we used to use Javascript/jquery on old forms heavily for grouping (which yes you can do somewhat without breaking functionality), background colors, field colors and it is disappointing to show "modern" sharepoint that is missing some of their most requested features. We do not want to use "power apps" because it is exactly the same as Infopath in that as soon as you use it, maintenance is required forever after. MS should be working on more out of the box standard formatting features (background on groups in form formatting for example would make my users sooooooo happy).

However here is open in panel example for future reference:
{
"$schema": "https://developer.microsoft.com/json-schemas/sp/column-formatting.schema.json",
"elmType": "button",
"customRowAction": {
"action": "editProps"
},
"attributes": {
"class": "ms-fontColor-themePrimary ms-fontColor-themeDarker--hover"
},
"style": {
"border": "none",
"background-color": "transparent",
"cursor": "pointer"
},