Unable to open rpmsg

Brass Contributor

Hello,

We have AIP and in the last couple of weeks there are lot of complaints about people not able to send/open protected e-mails.  E-mails either marked for "Recipients Only" or any AIP unified label that is set for "protection".  I am sure this was all working until this last Outlook update. 

24 Replies
I had to open a support ticket with Microsoft. I'm sorry if that's not an option for you.

This was for Outlook and Exchange Online. OWA was working fine, it was Outlook that wasn't working.
Can you share what the fix at the Tenant level was?
I honestly don't know. But if you're an EXO customer I recommend opening a ticket from the admin portal. The fix should be free.

@jayblaster 

Nice, so that really doesn't count as a fix.

@Chris Porosky 

Ha, tell me how much it costs at the "Tenant Level"!  Also, tell me what the "EXO" customer status means.  But, I am pretty sure by now that paying $100 a year to MSFT for Office 365, no, Microsoft 365 is likely not enough.  

Finally, I am totally sure that it is not really smart for MSFT to offer "Encryption to Outlook.com customers" when it ought to be obvious to them that it does not work for "Outlook.com customers"

If that does not make sense to you, here is a limping comparison:  Flying economy I do not expect to be offered the complementary champagne, but if it actually were OFFERED, I would indeed expect it to BE champagne instead of  bubbling sugar-water.   It's a problem that happens when "marketing & customer service" does not know what "software engineering & management" have cooked up.  Put another way, false promises are false promises, whether they happen in politics, software, restaurants, car repair shops, medical advertising, or at used car dealers.  Beyond that, I no longer expect anything from Microsoft. If MSFT hates me for that, then sorry, I reserve the right to be slightly miffed.