Room Finder Recurring Error

Brass Contributor

Hi all,

We recently started using Room Finder in my tenant, and a small snag we have found with recurring meetings is that when setting up a meeting room, it will only show you a conflict on the start date, but there is no way of knowing if a conflict exists on any future dates until after the meeting has been setup/sent, and the room declines the series. My issue mirrors what is discussed in this thread exactly, however I am unable to find any admin settings that would allow me to set a number or percentage of conflicts that can exist for the meeting to still be scheduled. Does anyone know a workaround or maybe where those settings live?

1 Reply

Hi @EMKody,

while there isn't a direct administrative setting for specifying a fixed number or percentage of allowable conflicts for recurring meetings, I can provide a few suggestions and insights:

1. AutomateProcessing Settings:

• Explore the AutomateProcessing settings for the mailbox linked to the meeting room. These settings dictate how recurring meeting requests are processed.
    • The AllowConflicts parameter, set to False by default, controls whether conflicts are permitted. If needed, change it to True.
    • Additionally, there's a ConflictPercentageAllowed parameter (default is 40%) defining the maximum percentage of conflicts allowed for recurring meetings. Adjust this value as necessary.
  2. Delegate Management:

• Consider managing the mailbox for the meeting room using a delegate instead of relying solely on the ResourceBookingAttendant.
    • Delegates can make decisions about conflicting instances, including allowing double-booking for recurring meetings.

Automatic Processing of Recurring Meeting Requests with Conflicting Instances - Microsoft Community ...

Please click Mark as Best Response & Like if my post helped you to solve your issue.
This will help others to find the correct solution easily. It also closes the item.

If the post was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Like.

Kindest regards,

Leon Pavesic

(LinkedIn)
(Twitter)