Outlook Inbox Custom Column

Copper Contributor

Hi

I want to add a custom column in my Outlook Inbox. I have found out how to configure it to be displayed. I have created a custom text field column. However, I have no idea how to edit the content of the newly created custom text field column. Can anyone help me?

4 Replies
On the View tab, in the Current View group, click View Settings.
In the Advanced View Settings dialog box, click Columns.
In the Show Columns dialog box, in the Available columns list, click a column name, and then click Add. ...
Click OK to save your changes and apply your new view.
for more information you can visit here https://protrackinghub.com/vrl-tracking/
You are describing how to add a column, which I mention in my post that I am already aware of. I need to know how to write data in the new column for each mail in the inbox.

@sarwat123  Thank you, buddy. I successfully did this by following your instructions. Happy that things went in the right direction. Thank you so much!!!!!! I appreciate your efforts. 

Regards

Huntingwhiz

rasmuskaae

To add and edit the content of a custom column in your Outlook Inbox, you'll need to follow these steps:

1. Create the Custom Column:

• Go to your Inbox in Outlook.
    • Click on the "View" tab in the ribbon at the top of the window.
    • In the "Arrangement" group, click on "View Settings."
    • In the "Advanced View Settings" window, click the "Columns" button.
    • In the "Show Columns" window, you can add a custom column by selecting the "New Column" button.
    • Choose "User-Defined Fields in Inbox" as the field type, and give your new column a name, such as "Custom Text."
  2. Edit the Content of the Custom Column:

• After creating the custom column, go back to your Inbox.
    • You should now see your custom column displayed, but it's likely empty or displaying default values.
  3. Populate the Custom Column:

• You can populate the custom column by editing individual emails.
    • Right-click on an email you want to edit, and choose "Open."
    • In the open email, click on the "File" tab.
    • In the "Properties" section, you'll see a button labeled "Properties." Click it.
    • In the "Internet headers" window, you can add content to your custom column in the "User-defined fields" section. Enter the information you want to display in the custom column.
  4. Save and Apply Changes:

• After entering the desired information in the custom column, click "Add" to save the data.
    • Close the email to save your changes.
    • Your custom column will now display the content you added for that specific email.
  5. Repeat for Other Emails:

• If you want to add content to your custom column for other emails, you'll need to repeat the process for each one individually.

Please note that custom columns in Outlook are typically used for specific, user-defined information. They are not automatically populated with data from the email itself, so you'll need to enter the data manually for each email you want to include in the custom column.