Office programs start old Outlook, instead of New outlook

Copper Contributor

Hey community!

I have a wierd problem, which I am absolutly not able to solve.

I have installed the update to the "New Outlook" (Version: 1.203.616.100 (Production))

When I look into my installed Apps, I only find the "New Outlook" within the list.

Doesn't matter which other Office software I open, when I try to send a shared file (File -> Share -> add file to share -- translated from the german version)

then it opens the old version of my outlook: Microsoft Outlook for Windows 365 MSO (Version 2306 Build 16.0.16529.20100) 64 Bit

And it does not send the mail I write. - First I have to reopen the same share, then it sends the mail.

Also all my appointments get showing up. So it seems, that the old outlook is still on my machine, but it is not under the installed programs.

Is there a way to resolve this main issue!? 

When I don't look closely every time, I am not sure, which mail was sent and which was not.

THX a lot in advance

5 Replies
i have a wierd problem i can't solve
pushed preview got new weeb format. all messages disappeared. got 3 from MS but nothing liketh 25 i ussually get. I am 76 and have atremor forgive typing. i seached all over the web. please help

@Max1029 

Pressed new outlook button. got new inbox format. all messages disappeared from every folder including inbox.  i searched the web but found no answer. I'm 76 yr old and have a tremor. forgive typing errors. somebody please help. I'm desperate.  where is save button?

I would suggest trying to uninstall office completely both new and old and then reinstall the new one. You could try uninstalling using the Microsoft Support and Recovery assistant found here - https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/office/about-the-microsoft-support-and-recovery-assistant-e90bb6...
Thank you, J. Stckton. I think 2 posts got comingled here. I don't have Office, just 3 Oulook.com. accounts. If I uninstall Outlook and reinstall it, will the messages that didn't disappear from the 2 unaffected accounts still be there?

If I uninstall it, will all the messages still be in my 3 old accounts?