New outlook log-in error

Copper Contributor

I worked for two companies (company A, company B), which use O365 and quitted the A. In Outlook for Windows deleted the e-mail account for the A. But if I switch to the new Outlook (preview) the pop-up window for log-in (username, password, authorization by SMS or call) appears. If I close the pop-up, get Error: GlobalSettingsAccountLogonFailed_Cancel. In the old design the B account works...

Any tips please?

Thanks.

5 Replies

@Martin_Karny 

If you are encountering a login error in the new Outlook (preview) when trying to access your company B account after leaving company A, here are some tips to resolve the issue:

1. Clear Cached Credentials: Outlook might still be holding cached credentials for your company A account, which could be causing the login issue. To clear cached credentials, follow these steps:
    • Close Outlook completely.
    • Press the "Windows + R" keys to open the Run dialog box.
    • Type "control keymgr.dll" and press Enter. This will open the Credential Manager.
    • Under the "Windows Credentials" section, locate any entries related to your company A account, and remove them.
    • Restart Outlook and try logging in again.
  2. Remove Old Account Profile: It's possible that remnants of your company A account profile are causing conflicts. Follow these steps to remove the old account profile:
    • Close Outlook.
    • Go to "Control Panel" > "Mail" (or "Mail (32-bit)" if you are on a 64-bit system).
    • Click on "Show Profiles."
    • Select the profile associated with your company A account and click "Remove."
    • Restart Outlook and try logging in again with your company B account.
  3. Update Outlook: Make sure you have the latest updates installed for Microsoft Outlook. Outdated versions may have bugs or compatibility issues.
  4. Disable/Remove Add-ins: Sometimes, third-party add-ins can interfere with Outlook's behavior. Temporarily disable or remove any add-ins you might have installed and see if the issue persists.
  5. Check Proxy Settings: Ensure that your proxy settings are configured correctly. Incorrect proxy settings can sometimes prevent Outlook from connecting to your company B account.
  6. Check Office 365 License: Verify that your Office 365 license associated with your company B account is still valid and active.
  7. Windows Credentials Manager: If the issue persists, you can try removing any entries related to Office or Outlook in the Windows Credentials Manager:
    • Press "Windows + R" to open the Run dialog box.
    • Type "control /name Microsoft.CredentialManager" and press Enter.
    • In the Windows Credentials Manager, check for any entries related to Office or Outlook and remove them.

If none of the above tips resolve the issue, it is possible that there may be a more complex problem with your Office or Windows installation. The text and the steps are the result of various AI's put together.

My answers are voluntary and without guarantee!

Hope this will help you.

Hey!

Thanks for your answer but unfortunately any of possibilites did not work. Seems like the Preview Outlook remembers profile of the (old) Company A (the old version does not). Think deleted the old profile everywhere...

Any other tips or where can I solve it with MS support?

@Martin_Karny 

Hi there. I am having a similar issue but slightly different. I had the original Outlook, then clicked on the "Try new features" button, and now it wants me to sign in again, which I am doing with the correct information (the same as the previous Outlook version) and the "continue" button is still greyed out, even though I have updated my Windows, updated Outlook and entered all the information required. (I am using an IMAP domain and have entered the username, password, server, port and connection type for both incoming and outgoing) - So much so that I had my email hosting company on a call this morning to ensure I was using the correct details, but no matter what I do, "Continue" remains greyed out, I can only select "Select Provider" which just resets my process. 

Sorry, my reply was meant for @NikolinoDE