navigation bar moved to left

Iron Contributor

Dears,

The navigation bar has been moved to the left. How can I change it back to be on the bottom?

1.png 

416 Replies

@PhilS0913 Goto File. Options. Advanced. Uncheck “show Apps in Outlook”. Restart Outlook

There is an easier way to do this: Goto File. Options. Advanced. Uncheck “show Apps in Outlook”. Restart Outlook

@MBZ1_ 

you can do this without going to safemode
File>Options>Advanced and uncheck "Show Apps in Outlook"
Close and relaunch Outlook

Makensanph0211_0-1680105305954.png

@Makensanph0211 THANK YOU! You made my day! I hate when they force changes on us and it is not obvious on how to "fix" it. 

thank you! worked great!

@MBZ1_ does anybody know how to correct this on the Mac version of Outlook, I am on Outlook 365 version 16.71.2 and all the solutions are for Windows based Outlook, so any assistance on how to move that bar back to the bottom on the Mac version would be greatly appreciated!

thank you to John Roldan and DanLhotka.
Your instruction to create the string value Microsoft.Office.Outlook.Hub.HubBar and then add False to the string value worked.
The suggestion was to go to the key
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\16.0\Common\ExperimentEcs\Overrides

and add the string value
Microsoft.Office.Outlook.Hub.HubBar

and change it from true to false.

After I modified the registry the Outlook HubBar moved back to the bottom of the Outlook screen. Great!

@Kevin_Savage This solution worked perfectly for me as well, Thanks!

@MBZ1_ 
I have reset mine (somehow) by unticking this option.
 MicrosoftTeams-image (3).png

@MBZ1_  - I found a solution that worked for me: https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/outlook-global-customer-service/new-location-for-the-mail-cal...

File -> Options -> Advanced -> Unselect "Show Apps in Outlook"

This requires you to reboot outlook.

Go to File > Options > Advanced and untick "Show Apps in Outlook". This will restore the navigation bar to its old place. @MBZ1_ 

@MBZ1_ 

I had the same problem with Outlook 365. What I ended up doing was switching off "Show Apps In Outlook"  in  File>Options>Advanced and accepting to restart outlook and then manually closing and reopening outlook. Once outlook has reopened, the navigation bar with calendar, contacts ..etc will be back at the bottom.

LjbTron_0-1683288264912.png

LjbTron_1-1683288389883.png

If for whatever reason the bar jumps back to the left hand pane when using outlook.

LjbTron_2-1683288564373.png

You can click on the small Mail icon to revert back to the email view, click on the expand > button

LjbTron_3-1683288695598.png

Click on the Pin Folder Pane icon

LjbTron_4-1683288871298.png

and the calendar, contacts bar will be back to its normal position

LjbTron_5-1683289008410.png

Enjoy :)

Excellent share it works, but for some versions, just go to File -> Options->advance- uncheck "Show apps in outlook" ...........it will work

@MBZ1_ 

1. Enable Outlook. Click File > Options > Advanced.
  2. Uncheck the Show Apps in Outlook option under the Outlook panes.
  3. Click the OK button to finish the set up.
  4. A prompt box pops up, reminding you that you must restart this application for the changes to take effect. Click OK.

@kaleembashaKSA  this worked.  So annoying.  

This is the only thing that works, thank you!

why do they always call these things "improvements"?@_JR321 

I went to options, advanced, and unclicked 'show Apps in Outlook'. Navigation pane us back at the bottom...

Doing this only moves the layout of the folders, not the navigation pane.

@MBZ1_ 

This worked for me!!

How do I move Outlook shortcuts to the bottom of the screen?

How to get the bottom navigation bar back in Microsoft Outlook

1. Open the Outlook desktop app.
  2. Click File, then Options.
  3. In the window that opens, select Advanced.
  4. Under the Outlook Panes section, uncheck the box that says "Show apps in Outlook."