MSOffice 2019 - Outlook not syncing with iCloud

Copper Contributor

After 6 weeks away I returned to find that my Windows 11 laptop has stopped syncing with iCloud.  My iPhone (which I had with me) is working fine, but the laptop calendar and contacts will not sync.   To try and fix the laptop, I have signed out of iCloud, deleted the data and removed the iCloud software.  I then reinstalled iCloud, signed on to iCloud and all my data (contacts and calendar appointments) downloaded - great.  But.. when I create a new appointment on my iPhone - it syncs up with iCloud, but iCloud does not sync with my laptop.  I'm out of ideas on where to go next so would be greatful for any suggestions or assistance.  Thanks in advance.

4 Replies
Hi Tess10,

To be sure the issue is not related to your Windows user profile, can you create a new Windows user profile and test there?
Hi Mathieu,
I created a new profile as you suggested, but I am using Microsoft Home and Business and I could not give access to this software to the new profile. As such I am not able to proceed with the test.
I don't know if the knowledge that I am using MS Home and Business sheds any further light on the problem but either way your assistance is much appreciated.
Thanks,
Tess10

Hi Tess10,

Can you give this action plan a try?
- cmd as administator
- run sfc /scannow
- run DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth
- reboot

Hi Mathieu,
Did as you suggested. While the scannow identified and repaired damaged files, after completing the DISM and reboot there did not appear to be any change. I tried creating a new appointment on my phone but iCloud did not sync it to my laptop/
Thank you again for your continued support, and I am happy to try anything else you recommend.
Regards,
Tess10