Login to Outlook 2016 App with 365 account on Windows 10

Copper Contributor

Hi,

I'm using Outlook app on Windows 10, I used to be logged in with my Office 365 account, but a while ago I noticed that there is a signin button and when you click on it it asks you to setup an email account.

It's the same for my collegues.

When I click on All Apps I get 'You don't have any apps yet. Select Add Apps to browse and install apps, but there is no option for this anywhere.

I'm looking to add the Share to Teams add-in, but I can't seem to do this anywhere.

Does anyone know how I can add this please?

Thanks you.

4 Replies

Hi @richardwidescopenet,

to access your Office 365 account through Outlook 2016 on Windows 10, you can follow these steps:

1. Open Outlook and go to File.
  2. Click on Account (or Office Account).
  3. If not already signed in, click Sign In.
  4. In the Sign in window, enter the email address and password associated with your Office account.

Regarding the issue with the Share to Teams add-in, you can try the following steps:

1. When viewing an email in the Outlook desktop app, choose Share to Teams in the toolbar ribbon.
  2. In Outlook on the web (and the new Outlook for Mac), select More actions and then Share to Teams.

If you can't find the Share to Teams option, it may be because the add-in is not installed or enabled. You can verify this by going to File > Options > Add-ins in Outlook and checking if the Teams Meeting add-in is listed under Active Application Add-ins.
If not, you will need to install it.

Sign in to Office - Microsoft Support

Share an email to Microsoft Teams from Outlook - Microsoft Support

Please click Mark as Best Response & Like if my post helped you to solve your issue.
This will help others to find the correct solution easily. It also closes the item.

If the post was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Like.

Kindest regards,

Leon Pavesic
(LinkedIn)

Hi LeonPavesic,

Thank you for your reply.

I have checked the Office account is connected in that section and it is. Outlook used to show it logged in to 365 like it does with the other office apps on the Top Right, but not it either has a sign-in button which takes you to email account setup, or it lists one of the pop3 / imap accounts I have setup.

The Microsoft Teams Meeting Add-in for Microsoft office is enabled, but the Share to Teams option is greyed out on all of the ribbons.

This is what my customer reported and I get exactly the same and cannot see how to get it to be active on the ribbon.

@LeonPavesic 

Hi @richardwidescopenet,

thanks for the update and the additional info.

I would recommend to try repairing your Outlook:
Repair an Office application - Microsoft Support

Please click Mark as Best Response & Like if my post helped you to solve your issue.
This will help others to find the correct solution easily. It also closes the item.

If the post was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Like.

Kindest regards,

Leon Pavesic
(LinkedIn)

@LeonPavesic 

Thanks again.

I repaired it but that did not work, so un-installed office and restarted machine, then installed as new.

Now outlook still shows my 365 details in File > Office Account, but the sign-in button is back top right which loads acccount setup and the apps box is blank and there are no options to add new ones.

Strange

microsoft-11012024.jpg