I need to return to my classic Outlook. I need to turn off new toggle. I can't. Help

Copper Contributor

I obviously am not computer literate but I must get back to the classic Outlook.  I have had my company email for years and it has the name of our company.  The directions to get from the new Outlook to the classic are confusing. Please help if you can.

Thanks

34 Replies

@NebilSedki   In Outlook New, click on the Help button then click Return to Classic

@CMAPman870 

UNINSTALLED New Outlook. Now Classic Outlook won't launch. I'm at my wits' end. I needed to be able to view past Calendar events and appointment as entire Calendar was blank, as was Contacts. Email ok. Where can I adjust the range of dates so I can see older info? Help!

@KLCharles I summoned help from an IT friend who uninstalled the new Outlook and re-installed the old version. Yes, the toddle button has been removed from the new Outlook. 

@LeonPavesic 

Hi Leon,

There is no "UseNewOutlook" name in my registry

Any suggestions?

Thanks 

Burt

Found the solution I think
Weboutlook -> Setting -> Mail -> Customize action -> select the checkbox "mark as read or unread"

@Arjun444 

I was able to return to "classic" Outlook, giving me time (I hope!) to adjust my signatures and find a way to communicate without "resend"...

Thank you

Burt2010

@Reese78 

I have the button to go to Classic Office but when I press it it crashes.

My registry UseNewOutlook is aleready 0.

I am using Offrice Home & Student 2019.

I want to get to classic view so I can stop automatic download of email AND

to move my Outlook.pst file to an external hard drive.

I don't want to wear out my SSD drive.

RichK

@RichK405 

I was looking for a fix for another issue and came across this thread. Just go to default apps, and change Outlook New to Outlook. You want the icon with a FLAT top, not the roof shape top.

This Outlook new I think is just replacing the mail app.

@NebilSedki 

To switch back to Classic Outlook, try these simple steps:

1. Open Outlook: Log in to your account.
2. Settings: Look for a gear icon on the upper right side of the page and click it.
3. View All Outlook Settings: At the bottom of the settings menu, there should be an option to view all settings.
4. Mail Tab: Find the 'Mail' tab in the settings menu.
5. Layout or Version: Search for a section named 'Layout' or something similar. There might be an option to switch back to the classic version of Outlook.
6. Toggle Off: If there's a toggle for the New Outlook, switch it off.

Hope you can get back to classic outlook now !!

I tried everything and this actually worked and was easy. The other methods didn't work, likely because the new Outlook was installed on my new laptop (not an upgrade or change from original Outlook). Thanks fedup125! I really was "fed up" myself, gave the new Outlook 6 months, and it's positively stupid.

@LeonPavesic 

That's very comprehensive: I tried it, now what do I do if "UseNewOutlook" doesn't appear in the list?