How to recover single occurrence of a recurring meeting

Copper Contributor

Hi,

I have declined some occurrences and I also canceled occurences by mistake .

I'd like to recover them.

For declined occurrences, I tried to look them up in my deleted items but I could find the ones I wanted and ended in restoring a bunch of unwanted occurences.  Still couldn't get the ones I wanted back.

For canceled occurrences, I couldn't find any in my deleted items, so I started by changing the recurrence end date and send it again, which notifies all attendants.  This seems to work but I will have to change the recurrence end date again to set it back to what it was and all attendants will receive another notification.  Which is annoying.

Is there any other way to recover single occurrence appointments that were declined or canceled?

1 Reply

Hi @Pascal Bellerose,

If you declined or canceled some occurrences of a recurring meeting and would like to recover them, you can try to use this:

- For declined occurrences:

1. Check your "Deleted Items" folder in your Outllok mailbox. If you find the declined occurrences, you can restore them by right-clicking on each item and selecting "Move > Calendar" to move them back to your calendar (you can also grag and drop them)

2. If you can't find the declined occurrences in the "Deleted Items" folder, you can search your mailbox using relevant keywords or the meeting subject. 

Show a declined meeting on my calendar - Microsoft Support

- For canceled occurrences:

Once a recurring meeting occurrence is canceled, it is permanently removed from your calendar and, typically, canceled occurrences don't go to the "Deleted Items" folder. 

As you also mentioned, the best option is to modify the recurrence end date of the meeting series to include the canceled occurrences and send an updated invitation to all attendees. This will trigger additional notifications to the attendees (just to be aware of that), because there is no built-in direct method within the Outlook interface to recover those specific occurrences without triggering notifications to attendees.

Edit end date of recurring meetings - Microsoft Community

Please click Mark as Best Response & Like if my post helped you to solve your issue.
This will help others to find the correct solution easily. It also closes the item.

If the post was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Like.

Kindest regards,

Leon Pavesic