Email address and password hack

Copper Contributor

About a week ago my email address was hacked luckily I caught it before too much damage was done. I was able to change a majority of my passwords, but now I have one that I can't change not sure why I can't get the link to change it. Plus, I'm getting tons of Junk email from email address removed for privacy reasons undeliverable mail.      I'm not opening it because it maybe another phishing sceme. I just bought this computer so its new, but I still ran a scan from Kaspersky and Ccleaner.  How can I get rid of this email that keeps dropping in.   Also, I can no longer get an email link to change passwords.

1 Reply

Hi @Paulette950,

Here are some steps you can take to resolve the issues you're facing:

1. Changing your Outlook password:

• Navigate to Microsoft account security and select Password security.
  • You may need to verify your identity with a security code sent via email or phone.
  • Enter your current password, set a new password, and save.
  • you can also use this link if you have Microsoft 365 account to reset the password:
    Microsoft Online-Kennwortzurücksetzung

2. Dealing with Junk Emails:

• If junk emails are landing in your Inbox, create a rule with common keywords to automatically delete them.
  • Consider adding these emails to the Blocked Senders list to divert them to the Junk folder.
  • Use the Junk E-mail Filter in Microsoft Office Outlook to automatically filter out spam.

10 tips on how to help reduce spam - Microsoft Support

Please click Mark as Best Response & Like if my post helped you to solve your issue.
This will help others to find the correct solution easily. It also closes the item.

If the post was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Like.

Kindest regards,

Leon Pavesic
(LinkedIn)