Copy/Paste button in Outlook version Web

Copper Contributor

Hi all,

I noted that button "Paste" or "Paste as image"  when I create an email is not working properly in Outlook Web. I mean, the image is pasted using the button but it does not appear on the email when it is received. I do not know if it is a general problem. However, it works whether I use ctrl-v .

Anyone else has the same problem?

Image.JPG

Kind regards,

Ignacio M.

3 Replies

@IgnacioAL 

Hey there! I've also seen this issue in our organization. When we Paste as Image into a new email and then send it, the image is completely missing on the receiving end. Other types of pasting work as expected. For example, pasting as text sends the text through in the email just fine.

This is only an issue with New Outlook and Outlook online. We found that using Outlook Classic still works with Paste as Image.

I haven't found any other workarounds besides using Outlook Classic for the time being. Hoping that posting here brings attention to the issue for an eventual bug fix! :)

@IgnacioAL I have a user using outlook online in chrome browser and have also come across this issue since yesterday.

I can confirm, right click and select any paste option appears to paste image, but upon sending it becomes just a red X in the sent items and at the recipient end.  Using CTRL + V works fine.

It´s a relief. Hope as well! ;)

Thanks @HTLeland and @Tony_PAS to confirm this.