ACCOUNT HACKED *MAJOR HELP NEEDED*

Copper Contributor

Hi There,

On the 9th of September 2023 - 11:18 (GMT) I received an email on my primarily used outlook account claiming that suspicious activity had taken place. Shortly after this I was signed out of my xbox profile (which is linked to this account). I then went to sign into my email but was told the password was incorrect, upon trying to change this i was told a code had been emailed to my recover email - however - this had been changed to an email I had never seen before, presumably the hackers. After countless attempts at password resetting I eventually fell upon the Outlook recovery form. I filled this in using precise details such as email contacts, recepitants, email's that I had sent previously with time and subjects, card details used on the account, xbox gamertag used on the account etc. The form was thoroughly detailed but it failed. So here I am, unable to access an account which stores family memories, access to countless different websites such as Facebook, snapchat, banking apps, vital email contacts from my job and many many more crucial things. 

This is absolutely destroying my livelihood and causing my severe anxiety as I can't do my job at the moment. I would be forever grateful if somebody from Microsoft could contact me as soon as possible. 

All the best,

Outlook user

4 Replies

@Moore281 

Important - no one in MTC has access to another user's account, so ignore private messages, you can only get general information here.

Only Microsoft support and official forms are appropriate! 

Account has been locked - Microsoft Support

Get help with your Microsoft account - Microsoft Support

I have no support and the forms haven't worked!

@Moore281 

MTC - This is a public forum, answers are provided by volunteers who are not competent for any activities related to a Microsoft account.

If you think a crime has been committed - then report the police - they have the tools and legal means to help you.

@billy192919  

First, delete your email address! To be on the safe side - never offer money in a public forum, because scammers are waiting for it!

How to help keep your Microsoft account safe and secure - Microsoft Support

This is a free tool that can help you:

Microsoft Safety Scanner Download | Microsoft Learn