Access Group Calendar Attachments from Mobile

Copper Contributor

I have tried multiple methods for accessing an attachment to a Group Calendar event on mobile devices and have not had success.  On the Outlook Desktop App and office.outlook.com from a desktop device there is no problem what-so-ever.  I navigate to the group calendar, open the event, and I can see the attachments easily.  However, I cannot reproduce this access on any mobile device.  Here is what I have attempted:

1. Using office.outlook.com PWA on a mobile device, you cannot access Group Calendars at all.  There does not appear to be a way to force as Desktop either.
  2. Using the Outlook app for Android or iOS, I can access the Group Calendar and I can open an event.  However, the app does not show the body text of the event or any attachments.
  3. Using Outlook app on Android, going to Mail > Groups Folder, opening the Group.  From here you can see the "email" notifications of events added to the group and you can access the attachments, but it is not very useful when looking for a specific calendar date.  Selecting Info icon, then tapping "Events" heading, I can access a list of events on the calendar, but opening one of the events tends to cause the app to crash to a blank screen and has to be shut down.  On the rare occasions when I have managed to open an event, I can see the body but not attachments.  Scrolling back in time on the event list causes it to jump back to the previous year and it will not scroll forward again into this year.... very buggy.  Performing a similar series of steps on iOS crashes even more often.
  4. Using a modern SharePoint page with the Group Calendar Web Part will show the calendar and the body of an event, but it does not allow access to attachments.  There is a message that displays saying "Export the event to view this attachment" at the top.
  5. Attempting to use the URL "https://outlook.office.com/calendar/group/{domain}/{groupCalendarName}/view/week" works great on Desktop but on mobile devices leads to a blank screen after the Outlook icon appears.

We use the Group Calendar to share event schedules across several staff members.  It is very frustrating that when staff is on the go with a mobile device, that they are not able to access the attachment information for the events which contains important details.

Please let me know if there are any ideas out there for how we might be able to access Group Calendar event attachments from mobile.

Thanks,

Jared

0 Replies