outlook 365 setup with wrong account information

Copper Contributor

Hello,

when i start outlook 386 the first time i get a dialog "Enter Password" for a email address that is

not correct. In this dialog i have a link "Sign in with another account" if e specify a other email

address the next dialog represents the same email address.

I have a other workstation where sign in process works as expected. So i searched the registry

for this wrong email address and found several hits. Most of them are ...\Identity entries like:

Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\16.0\Common\Identity

Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\16.0\Common\Identity\Identities\[theWrongEmaio.Address.de]_AD

but also ...ProviderID and ...SignInName

How do i remove this wrong account preset? Change everything form "WrongAddress@Bla.domain.de"

to "CorrectAddress@domain.de"

or is there a better way?

4 Replies
If you hit cancel do you have your correct e-mail and able to access Outlook in general? Or are you starting Outlook for the first time? If you can still use e-mail and you are getting prompted, you probably need to go into File > Account settings and remove that other e-mail which seems to be an account trying to load with Outlook. Anyway, report back and we'll go from there.

the first dialog does not provide a cancel button.

Yes it ist the the first use on this Workstation and i cannot use email.

the Options are:

- Login

- forgot password

- change account

change account ignores the correct email-address and replaces it on the next dialog with the wrong one again.

Try going through and right click start > Control Panel, then search for "Mail" and you should see mail 32bit, go into that, and remove your mail profile and restart Outlook, you should be able to start fresh for setup, if it's still returning the wrong address, then you have an accoutn setup issue with the wrong address and or autodiscover settings in tenant.
ok i got outlook started. Thanks.
I had to add a datafile before i could delete the existing account